Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Death @ IIIT

It was shocking to hear the suicide of a fellow, MS student. 'Ravi Kiran', who is my senior, and I would like to state that,I havent seen him yet or I dont remember his face. Probably because of my very less contacts outside CVIT. But, I heard that, he is a very nice person, speaks a lot and so much. In his suicide note he blamed chronic cyanosis problem, which regularly caused severe headache, and home sickness for taking the extreme step. His parents were presently living in New Delhi. He hailed from Andhra Pradesh.

His parents reached here, and they are blaming the single room system, and the overall system in IIIT. This may be the first incident here. But in IIT, Kanpur, it is a common thing, some 2-3 per season(at the arrival of results). This fact I came to know, when I went for the interview there, which I couldnt get through. But my told me, "its good that you didnt get admission, and I wont allow you to come here for studies". Even though I and my mother liked the campus very much, she was so much shocked by hearing this news. Probably this is the fate of top-level institutes.

And in IIIT, the single room system, is very dangerous. Once it happened to an inmate of ladies hostel, that, she fell unconscious in the bathroom. Noboday came to know about it, after some 2-3 hours, she got back her conciousness and wake up!!!. Even though most of us feeling the single room system is very convienient... Something wrong is there.

But... at the end of the day,,, B'day bells rang.. And some people were celebrating someone's B'day. Making loud sound. Nothing has changed. Nothing is effected. IIIT is flowing without knowing the loss of one among us!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home